Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is success?

Man throughout the ages has questioned his purpose. Why am I here, what am I to do with my life. Early on survival is the primary directive. Then perhaps procreation and seeing his heir to live on after his mortality claims him. After these thoughts though, the day to day living of a man is judged. It is these thoughts that I have. I think about what am I doing to be who I think I would be at my best. What qualifies as best? What is the goal? Is it to be an open ended journey driving by self impulse, forces of man and nature, mearly guided by some set or skills or principles or desires or habits; or something more direct? Is there a finite end goal to acheive, are there an infinite amount of opportunity and a finite amount of time to accomplish the goal of being the best person that you can be. How is this to be measured? By what authority? If it is implausible, what are secondary alternatives? Where is all of this going? I am Daniel Wayne Johnston. I will do my best to find out. If not for me, then for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment